Whatever it takes...

If you ever want my company, call me on a Saturday night. These seem to be the nights that I am alone in the house, trying to read a book , or watch a movie.' Trying' because Saturdays are full of possibilities, I don't have to wake up early the next day and it's the perfect day to put my 'work/social life balance' in check. It is the nights that instead of asking, why? I will probably ask 'why not?' So Saturdays are for good times, hobbies and friends.(You might add boyfriend to the list but I will stick with friends because romance is a pesky business, no sense to be made out of it).  So my typical Saturday evening routine starts with a shower, comfy clothes, a book, a movie to watch, a pen and a paper. Well because I'm never settled on one thing...often times I will start with the movie then book...with food and something to sip on in between. I always have a pen and a paper to scribble things when reading anything....a compulsive habit I picked in high school to stop me from dozing off during prep time. If I don't, I will probably just  stare at the page or go over one line 20 times before I lose interest and do something else. Often times,I can't shake the feeling that there's some amazing party nearby, filled with fascinating people having the time of their life.Once in a while, I will find these fascinating people and join them , or they will drag me to one.Lately though,that has not been my cup of tea...mostly because I discovered new places that unraveled new tastes for outdoor activities that I didn't know I had. like going for jazz nights at the Collective in town...or bawling in Next-gen Mall.On really good Saturdays, I will be in with my bestie, cooking or planning to step out while probably talking about a tribe of men with patriarchal firmness(the biblical one), and a kind of rabbinical wisdom in their faces. Those who strike you as good providers,and that you can mentally place on the side of the road fixing a tire (or well, anything) as well as in the kitchen making a smoothie, and catching up on 'Finding nemo' or singing 'baby shark'.(TDH is overrated).We have come to the conclusion that a Mr, who can strike such balance is ideal. We always come up with 'ideals' but life is full of curve balls that are bound to come up and mess up our best laid plans... so sometimes, our Saturday nights are for sitting back, reflecting and re-drawing our plans while giving each other a shoulder to lean on. We will sip on tea...watch 'Anne with an E', curl up in bed and go to sleep with rejuvenated spirits, ready to face the next day....friends are good, girlfriends  are therapeutic.

I digress...

I wrote this on my birthday weekend, a Saturday evening. It was supposed to be a post relatable to birthdays and getting older and juggling between work and play...and everything in between. Well, it’s a month later and procrastination caught up with me...a lot has happened since...the last few Saturdays I have spent mostly with my bestie, still laying out plans...I am happy to report that we haven't encountered any major curve balls yet! In fact I am starting to think romance isn't so pesky after all ...This weekend ,one of us might be catching up on 'Finding nemo'... So I guess the other one will have to watch 'Anne with an E' Alone...or find some fascinating people to go out with...

I am a firm believer that once in a while we should pause in our pursuit for happiness and just be happy. On regular days, I try, but Saturdays,I do whatever it takes...  


Have a great day everyone! I hope you all have something great coming up this Saturday:)



Comments

  1. "I will be in with my bestie, cooking or planning to step out while probably talking about a tribe of men with patriarchal firmness(the biblical one), and a kind of rabbinical wisdom in their faces". 😂😂😂 Whatever you mean by this, I cannot can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically chilling with my friend as we cook or plan to go out...and talking about men who believe they should be the head of the family( like it says in the Bible). And who look like they are wise like rabbis (religious leaders)��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but tidy….

A close shave

LETS TALK ENTERTAINMENT……PART 1