Hamjambo?

So it’s been a while and I thought I should pass by here once more…..with me I bring positive vibes & good energy only…isn’t that what we need? (Whatever that is) Honestly most of us just need loads of money and a little TLC……probably some tea too…for me 😊. Speaking of tea…I think I am developing a serious tendency to have tea at the slightest convenience. The slimmest hint of cold weather has become a perfect excuse for tea.  If I ever ask you out for coffee, I’ll probably have tea…sometimes, when I’m being a little pretentious, I will make failing attempts at coffee…. Something I usually fix with some tea. Someone left me on read? I’ll undoubtedly mend my heart with a cup of tea… Something nice happened? Let’s celebrate with some tea. The ripple effect of having a visitor for me…. is tea. Most of my visitors however, do not like tea or any hot beverage for that matter….I wonder why? I must say I am usually slightly disappointed, because it’s tea…why not? If you’re ever a visitor at my place, congratulations…you have earned us both a cup of tea…and a little happiness too.

I have made some fond memories because of tea.  In fact, if you like tea as much as I do, I am inclined to think we have a lot in common….It is also possible that I have made some biased judgements because of tea ….people will say something negative about someone and I will jump to their defence…. “hio si fair…. hata nilienda kwake tukakunywa chai’’.  Tea is the epitome of kindness and a good judgement of character. Although my love for tea seems to be getting stronger by the day, I have always liked tea for as long as I can remember. Now that I think about it, it is the only thing I have liked consistently for a long time. I can’t say the same about most things.I am ridiculously inept at having the same tastes and preferences over time.

Enough blurb about tea….I must say the past few weeks I have spent a considerable amount of time indoors with the excuse of social distancing….now that I’m punching my keyboard trying desperately to get words out of these letters…..I realise it’s harder getting down to write when you haven’t gotten up to live.  Even though 2020 has obviously been very clumsy for most, it’s even clumsier if you’re trying to be creative.  So it’s usually at this juncture that I take a tea break…again… in the hopes that the nicotine will pump up some energy in the few imaginative brain cells left. Right now though, I can’t coz its literally 2.22 in the morning and I am in bed …..I’m tired but I can’t sleep either so we are going to smash goals instead…haha if only.

Anyway, just a quick check to see how you’re doing. Yes you. I hope you’re doing well. If you’re struggling to find your balance, either emotionally, financially, mentally, or physically, I am just here to remind you that your existence and feelings are still important in the grand scheme of things...even though you might be tempted to curl up and fade away, try to enthuse yourself back to normalcy once in a while…..remember that you’re not the only one wearing wobbly boots during these Covid times. Maybe also, have a cup of tea and you’ll be fine 😊

 

 

 

`

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but tidy….

My two cents...

A close shave