A personal experience...

It’s already February! It has indeed been a minute since I came on here….I was not even sure the link works anymore. Speaking of links, the one goal I have for this blog this year is to create one of those actual websites….I heard it’s in fact possible to learn that on You-tube! Ok, I didn’t hear that, I know it is possible…it is also possible to learn how to whistle. I searched for this…and I found some tutorials….I am not sure what had led me to do that but I remember being a bit disappointed when it didn’t work, so I resorted to learning how to twerk instead…and this I have mastered….Very few people who know me will believe this! Understandably so because, it’s been years of trying lol….too bad I have just never gotten around  knowing how tiktok actually works…( read never bothered  because I think I’m too old 😅)…I would have loved to prove some people wrong…Ok, let’s not get carried away…

As usual, I am here by chance… honestly, it might just be because I did some quick math and realised damn! It’s over four months already since my last post. I have been writing I promise. E-mails. E-mail reminders, Email follow ups, E-mail replies and more E-mails…once in a while, a few risky texts here and there and some half-hearted comments on social media…so, after much soul searching and incessant prayers for motivation, I have finally decided that we are going to end February with a difference. For someone who has the audacity to call themselves a writer on their Instagram profile…lets remind people of that fact in a few paragraphs of sentences that hopefully, will not be too circuitous. Shall we? 

So lately I have been asking people what their evening routine is….out of curiosity-maybe, but mostly because I could use some ideas…because really…what do people do? Routine is a word I’m not particularly fond of because I like to surprise myself sometimes…yet, in closer observation…my life has become exactly that…a series of events, done repeatedly in a particular sequence. There is nothing wrong about having a routine. In fact, it would be incredibly difficult to stay sane without one but some days, I crave a little spontaneity...especially on those days when the weeks slights and emotional bruises cannot be mended by a cup of tea or an episode of my favourite tv programme. It is usually one thing, sometimes something that you can’t quite place…like an old friend mysteriously unfriending you on social media (petty I know) or some gasp inducing headlines on the news…

I have found that easiest way to cheer yourself up in these moments is to have a glass of wine (or whatever your poison is) –Fact. If you are the person that is constantly re affirming the fact that you don’t drink…and no one seems to get it….then good music might be your best option. I wouldn’t recommend movies, unless you are really in the mood…movies are unpredictable, they sometimes ease the boredom or totally amplify it…. If you are like me, periodically infatuated with new shows, then you know how easily such infatuation dies down. Or does it? Lately, I have been crazy over this Tv show called Bump love Uganda, a talk show around women, motherhood and family….not anything particularly entertaining but It is the kind of show that leaves you relaxed, content and inspired.  It has been my one obsession over the past few months and whenever I veer away I generally gravitate towards family related shows. I find them to be incredibly heart-warming and relatable. I wonder how long it will be until I’m onto something else but clearly, the universe is trying to tell me something…

So in my little quest to find the perfect cure for boredom, I came across many suggestions….I don’t know what I was hoping for but turns out people actually do pretty basic things. One I found a little fascinating was a suggestion to have long hot shower, dress up like you’re going out on a date and have a candle-lit dinner by yourself. I did try this, except instead of dressing up I wore my best T-shirt and tights… and the candle was not the suggested scented one, but the take away was that you can do something really simple and feel pretty fantastic!…the whole week felt like roses, vanilla cake with chocolate chips and a little icing…..I kind of wanted to do everything in a tiny little, extra special way...or at least add some appealing touch to it…like buying a cute mug for my tea in the morning or having a walk in my favourite sneakers (thanks sis) in the evening…miniature activities with some charm  can go a  really long way.

I will not fail to say however, that nothing beats good company…but for the days when that is not an option….the possibilities are limitless….like finally writing a bit everyday…or creating a pre-bedtime play list….but for now, next on the list will be buying a few scented candles (candle lit dinners have become a thing).I might even be trying out tiktok after all...(this is a very long shot  lol) or finally buy those Ferrero Rocher chocolates that I have been curious about for the longest time. The point is, don’t be afraid to try out your little fancies too… now let’s check the next box shall we?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but tidy….

A close shave

My two cents...