Procrastinators unite!!

It’s Friday and my wine glass should be half empty by now but I’m here because…well I’m here…

‘‘The best promises are the ones you keep to yourself’’.  I heard this sometime this week and it has kind of been the nudging voice whenever I am tempted to take a recourse on my ever growing to- do list .Ok, I’m trying to sound like I have an extra busy schedule lol….My schedule is pretty regular and on my to do,are things like making pancakes for breakfast or soaking my bedsheets so chill… I’m not trying to run the country. And I’m only clarifying this because I’m one of those people who panic a little when someone says they can’t show up for something because they are busy. ‘Busy’ is a word to be taken seriously because it sounds so profound! I imagine they have tons of important things to do and deadlines to keep…and literally every second counts so it is a word that instantly invokes the need to apologise for imposing….and suddenly my own to do-takes a back sit and I very gladly will offer to reschedule whatever I had in mind. Guys….busy is a mean word.

So because I’m obviously overtly dramatic, and I happen to think a few words of motivation can change the world, I decided to share this because I’m having a moment and I am afraid that if I don’t share these words of genius right now, it will not make any sense later to me either … so we are going to serve the soup while it’s hot….lol. On that note, a little reminder:

The best promises are the ones that you keep to yourself!


It was a typical Friday evening, and I sat at my kitchen counter with a half-empty wine glass, feeling a mix of guilt and uncertainty. I knew I should be doing something productive, but I couldn't quite motivate myself to tackle my ever-growing to-do list. That's when a quote I had heard earlier in the week came to mind, "The best promises are the ones you keep to yourself." It was like a little voice of wisdom, nudging me to stay committed to my goals and not get sidetracked by distractions.


I know it may sound silly, but I'm the type of person who feels guilty when I hear others say they're "busy." The word carries such weight, like they're accomplishing important tasks and racing against the clock. It's like suddenly, my own priorities seem trivial in comparison. But as I sat there, sipping my wine, I realized that I needed to stop putting others' priorities above my own. It was time to take ownership of my own promises and commitments, even if they seemed small or insignificant to others.


So, in my own dramatic way, I felt compelled to share this newfound realization with the world. I mean, who knows how many other people might be struggling with the same thing? And if a few words of motivation could make a difference, then why not share them now, while the idea was still fresh in my mind?


And so, I offer this little reminder to anyone who needs it: The best promises are the ones that you keep to yourself. Don't let anyone else's priorities or expectations get in the way of your own goals and dreams. Stay committed


It's Friday and my wine glass is not quite half empty yet. I sit here, typing away, because I feel compelled to share some words of wisdom that have been echoing in my mind all week: "The best promises are the ones you keep to yourself."


Now, before you assume that I must be some high-powered executive with a jam-packed schedule, let me assure you that my to-do list is pretty mundane. It includes things like laundry, grocery shopping, and yes, even soaking my bedsheets. But here's the thing: I take my commitments seriously, even the small ones. And when someone tells me they can't show up because they're "busy," I can't help but feel a twinge of panic.


You see, "busy" is a loaded word. It implies a level of importance and urgency that can make even the most mundane task seem trivial in comparison. It's a word that demands respect, and often prompts us to apologize for taking up someone else's time.


But here's the catch: we're all busy. We all have things to do, people to see, and deadlines to meet. And while it's important to honor our commitments to others, it's equally important to honor the promises we make to ourselves.


Maybe it's committing to a new fitness routine, or finally starting that novel you've been dreaming about. Maybe it's simply taking time each day to meditate or practice gratitude. Whatever it is, the best promises are the ones that come from the heart and are kept for ourselves.


So, as I sit here with my half-full





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but tidy….

A close shave

LETS TALK ENTERTAINMENT……PART 1